Massage is known for its therapeutic and healing powers. For years massage has been used to relieve stress, tension, and pain. Most healthcare providers are now recognizing massage therapy as one of a legitimate method for treating chronic back pain. According to study, about sixty percent of the healthcare providers around the world recommend massage therapy in addition to medical treatment.
Numerous medical research shows that massage has many potential health benefits for people, who are suffering chronic back pain, including:
• Promotes muscle relaxation. Massage is great in reducing tensions in the muscles which promote relaxation. Relaxed muscle improves flexibility and reduced pain caused tensed muscles.
• Increased circulation and blood flow. Blood flow and circulation is responsible for transporting needed nutrition to tissues and muscles. Better circulation and blood flow can help in the speedy repair of the damaged muscles and tissues. It also helps in alleviating muscle soreness due to physical activity or muscle strain.
• Helps increased endorphin levels. Endorphin is one of the brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters. It is known as “feel good” chemical that promotes good mood and reduces anxiety and depression. Endorphin also plays role in reducing pain and promotes fast recovery among patient who are suffering from chronic back problems.
Many healthcare providers in Claremont say that they encourage their patients who are suffering from back pain to massage therapist in Claremont. Massage therapy can help to relieve many back problems, which may include:
• Muscle strain. Most of the acute back pains, especially the lower back pain are caused by muscle strain due to heavy lifting, a fall or a sudden movement. Low back pain may last for a few hours to several weeks. Muscle strain can also cause upper back pain. The common cause of upper back pain is muscle strain, auto accident or sports injury. Massage therapy is beneficial in relieving the lower and back pain.
• Osteoarthritis of the spine. A therapeutic Claremont massage can help in reducing the pain of osteoarthritis by improving the blood circulation, relieving muscle tension and reducing stress. However, you have to be careful in selecting a massage therapist who will administer massage therapy to a patient who is suffering osteoarthritis. It must be professional and trained in treating a patient with arthritis.
• Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by pervasive musculoskeletal pain, tender points in some localized areas of muscles and fatigue. Massage therapy can help by targeting the tender points, stiffness and the musculoskeletal pain.
Massage is beneficial and relatively safe, but it is always to advisable to check with your doctor first before you seek the help of a massage therapist.